Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Updates

It's time for some updates now that I'm nearing the end of my maternity leave! I've had such a productive maternity leave this time round. An awsome Sister in the ward taught me how to sew and I made my first quilt (for Shelby). I cleaned out all the closets and 2 car garage. We can finally park our cars in it!

Payton is still improving with her Physical therapy. She goes once a week and is getting around a little more every week. She is still months away from walking I'm sure, but she is working hard to get there. She has mastered potty training, even at night! You can imagine this wasn't very easy since she can't walk and get on the potty alone, but she did it! She has realized what the terrible 2's are all about. She through a temper tantrum in church last Sunday. When we got home she was put in time out. As she and I are sitting there in silence, she looks at me and says, "Mom I love you very much!". She knows how to manipulate us~ HA!
Shelby is growing like a weed. She now weighs 10 1/2 lbs! She's been smiling a lot, but only for her mommy. hee hee She hasn't done it for Mikee yet, but I got pictures to prove it. She is still having some problems with bowel movements. She can go 2-3 days without a BM. Hopefully she'll work this out as she gets older. She is sleeping in her own crib now, and wakes up 1-2 times a night for feeding. It looks like she is going to have blue eyes like her mama.
Mike is back in school to finish his Landscape Design / Horitculture Degree. We'll see how busy we'll be once I go back to work next week. Grandpa Potter will be watching the girls on Wednesdays while Mike is at school, and I'm at work. So thankful we have family here to help with the girls! Mike cut the tip of his pinky finger while working at the Pub and had to get a few stitches. He also sprained his ankle playing soccer. I tell ya I shouldn't let him out of the house.

We just had my grandma (Payton & Shelby's Great-G'ma) here for a few days for Shelby's blessing. We had such a good time having her here with us. Payton still asks for her first thing when she wakes up thinking she is sleeping in Shelby's room still. HA! So lots of changes for our family this summer. Here some pictures to share!.......

Shelby @ 5 days old.

Shelby telling Payton she talks to much! HA!

Payton feeding the goats at Young's Dairy

Payton's first Dragon's game!

Some PT in the pool.

Payton loves watermelon

Which of these things is not like the other?

One of Mike's many summer injuries. EEK

Payton & her cousin Emily @ Carriage Hill

5 wk old piglets @ Carriage Hill

My first Rag Quilt!

In Use

Granny Pat with Shelby


I guess I should have given her a napkin!

Shelby's beautiful smile!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the pictures! Payton is SUCH a cutie! And Shelby is growing up too fast. Wow. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! Such beautiful girls!! They're both so adorable. Wow, it sounds like you've been busy. Your first quilt is so beautiful. That will be so special for the girls as they get older... and I can't believe you cleaned out a 2 car garage on maternity leave! I haven't cleaned out a 2 car garage... ever! You go girl!
    And I thought that was super cute about Payton's comment when you put her in time out... it would be really hard not to melt! What a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete