We went for the x-ray, which is what I was beyond nervous about. This is where we got our bad news last time. Being pregnant, I have to stand where the x-ray tech snaps her pictures, while Mike holds Paytons stiff legs in positions that hurt. The advantage, however, is I get to see the images as they are taken. I'm no x-ray tech. but I know my anatomy. The first time I knew it was bad news, the 2nd time the images came up after we left so we had no idea, this time I got a glimpse and nothing struck me as off.
We waited in the room for seriously what seemed like a 1/2 hr, saying our own little prayers that everything would be fine. The longer we waited, the more worried I was. I should know this is just how hospitals work though. The Dr. came in, along with a couple Residents, also not usually a good sign. "The x-rays look good!" I think my heart skipped some beats. Plus he thinks she will only have to wear her "rhino" brace at night, and not 23 hrs a day after all! Super excited about that one.
The ride home was as expected, a bit cranky but who wouldn't be. She napped for a couple hrs when we got home. She got her first bath in the bathtub today. Mike had to sit in there with her since she can't hold herself up yet. She still holds her legs in a frog position. She recently has been stretching out her good leg and bending it though. She is still very guarded about her "bad" right leg. She sits in her own little princess chair again, and seems to be making awsome progress. She is holding herself up better, and bending over in her chair to pick things up. She will be making improvements everyday. She is happy and herself, just doesn't like being moved right now.
On another note, Payton will be staying with G'ma & G'pa Potter Sunday night through probably Tuesday. Mike and I will be going to the hospital Sunday night to begin induction of Shelby! Nothing will really get started till Monday morning though. We finally have the room kinda ready, just need baseboard and blinds. We are excited about all the new things happening in our lives, just a bit stressed.
Thanks to all for everything. We have survived all of this with all of your help.
Just got to the hospital to get the cast off!
Tylenol in hand!
Last time she sat in her princess chair was the night before her first surgery.
She is so darn cute. What a trooper!
ReplyDeleteGlad she has done so well! Good luck with the baby!
ReplyDelete